Happily-ever-afters with wicked twists:
– A defiant Cinderella and Prince Charming with a hairy family secret
– A deal gone wrong for Red’s mom
– A loopy Oz and a villainy godmother masquerading as a witch. Or two.
Grace made a deal: in exchange for the life of her newborn son, she will get Ella her happily-ever-after. A license to be evil, hurray! That was it, wasn’t it? Three years of living in the Magic Kingdom and all the sleepless nights might have made her forget a few details. There’s no point in asking the mirrors anything – they are definitely lying. The only thing Grace knows is that her son’s third birthday is approaching and it’s urgent she marry boy-crazy Ella off. One way or another.
Discover unlikely villains, surprising godmothers, and secrets peeled back like onions in this exciting omnibus, which contains all three books in the Magic Mirrors Saga (and 5 mashup retellings):
- Cinders: Necessary Evil – a dark Cinderella retelling from dual POV (stepmother and Ella’s – where Ella is no wallflower and you might hate her a little at first for being a bit too self-absorbed.)
- Embers: Beastly Curses – a 2nd chances Red Riding Hood retelling where Prince Charming’s hairy secret is revealed;
- Ash: Crooked Fates – a Twisted Wizard of Oz retelling where a certain unlovable villain may or may not get her HEA.
Where’s the 5th fairytale, you ask? Hans & Greta’s tale is a nestled story in Cinders and psst…the cannibalistic witch is not as bad as we’ve all been led to believe.
If you enjoyed Roald Dahl’s whimsy as a child and adore Sarah Pinborough’s captivating retellings, this dark fairytale adaptation collection is a must-read for the young and new adult audience alike.
Trigger warnings: This enchanting trilogy touches upon themes of abandonment, loss of child, abortion (in Cinders) and mental health issues (Korsakoff’s in Ash), adding depth and emotion to the gripping narrative.
Don’t miss out on this deliciously dark fairytale ride. Get ready to lose yourself in all the wicked twists and, of course, in Ella’s Diary.